Powered by Blogger.

Vistula - the blue river

Thursday, August 15, 2013


I'm not taking photos of Warsaw very often. Rather rarely. The problem is that I know this city too well to be excited about photographing it. What can be interesting in the Old Town? Or any of the bridges? Or parks? They look so familiar and boring. However, very recently I realized that in fact this city is quite beautiful and very picturesque and that I'm making huge mistake by not portraying it. So yesterday I packed my gear and went to one of the best spots to photograph sunsets and city panoramas - the Swietokrzyski Bridge.

I soon realized I made the right decision. The light was really gorgeous. Sunset was golden and blue hour was... well blue. Literally - it was really blue. Even Vistula river which normally doesn't have very pretty color looked like turquoise or something like that. Beautiful.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 47 mm
Aperture: f/9.0
Exposure time: 4 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 200
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 4.2.7 (Exposure Fusion), Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.