Powered by Blogger.

The layers

Saturday, August 10, 2013


In the past when I was programming realtime 3D graphics (for video games) one of my main interest was atmospheric scattering. It's a rather complex phenomenon let me tell you but basically it's about the light travelling through various particles and being scattered what results in it changing colour. We can observe it for instance as beautiful haze near the horizon during sunset or sunrise.

Despite the fact I don't code 3D graphics anymore (as I simply don't have time for that) I still like watching this phenomenon in real life. In the photo above you can see beautiful layers, photographed during sunset on Crete, which without atmospheric scattering wouldn't be visible.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III
Lens: Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS USM
Focal length: 229 mm
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure time: 1/25 s
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.