Powered by Blogger.

Sunset over Warsaw

Wednesday, August 21, 2013


For a few years now my goal was to make my HDR photos look as realistic as possible. At first I struggled but then, month by month I started to get closer and closer to that very goal. Now I think I'm really not that far from reaching it. I try to avoid oversaturated colors, my photos are usually halo-free and I also try to make both shadows and highlights to look realistic. My photos look quite good and believable to me and I hope that you also share that opinion. If not, please let me know as I'd love to improve (but probably am a bit too happy with my own work to notice its flaws).

Today HDR photo taken during sunset in Warsaw. At first I wanted to go with a long exposure but then realized that sun reflecting in ripples of Vistula river actually look nice. So I quickly unscrewed ND400 filter I had prepared (almost dropping it from about 20 m... I guess I'd lost it) and took this very photo.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/20.0
Exposure time: 1/5 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 200
Number of exposures: 7
E.V. Step: 1
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 4.2.7, Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.