Powered by Blogger.

Cretan beach at night

Monday, August 5, 2013


I'm back from my vacation in Greece which included towns of Heraklion, Amoudara and ruins of Knossos (Crete) and towns of Oia and Thira (Santorini). During last 2 weeks I was mostly relaxing (it's a great thing to do from time to time!), spending my time in warm water, eating like mad or drinking cocktails but I also found some time to take some photos. And by some I mean something around 8.000 photos. However, many of them are quite similar because beaches near the place where I stayed were rather boring (sand but no rocks) what didn't give that good opportunities for sunrise and sunset photography.

What's more I didn't take any astro photos (and I had hoped to do that...) because during my stay the sky was rather hazy so there were just a couple of brightest stars visible. Well, it happens. Hopefully, I'll take them next time.

I did, however, capture quite a few long exposure and night photos like the one above. I really like the result despite the fact I applied just quick processing to it to see how it looks. I also practised my general photography skills, macro photography, infrared photography and portraits. And I think I made some improvement in each of the fields and I hope to share some results soon.

What I found quite interesting is that despite the fact I was away and not writing any new posts on my website, the number of visits stayed the same. It seems that my blog is being shared more frequently and that it starts to appear in google search results quite often. Nice!

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III
Lens: Canon 24 f/1.4 L II USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/1.4
Exposure time: 1.3 s
ISO: 800
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.