Powered by Blogger.

Relax in the shade of power plant

Tuesday, August 6, 2013


When I'm travelling apart from taking landscape photos which are my favourite I also try to capture something that shows nature of the places I visit. Or photos which tell how I feel about particular place. So today here is one from Greece. It shows a couple of people walking and holding their hands. They are relaxed probably in love but at the same time they are walking towards power plant which is hardly romantic.

I tried to compose this shot in such a way that both the couple and power plant were in the corners of imaginary 3x3 grid thus satisfying the rule of thirds. Regarding post processing I slightly increased contrast and decreased saturation in order to get a bit of apocalyptical look (not to much though as there are some nice emotions in this shot too).

Note that I used small trick here. I used tele zoom lens which has the effect of shortening perspective. As you can read from EXIF below I shot this shot at 182 mm focal length. But as I was using a crop sensor (Canon 50D) effective focal range is 291 mm. It means that in reality power plant was much further from the couple than it might seem from the image.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 50D
Lens: Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS USM
Focal length: 182 mm
Aperture: f/5.0
Exposure time: 1/1000 s
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.