Powered by Blogger.

Under the umbrella - night HDR photo

Saturday, August 24, 2013


I really like shooting night HDR landscape photos (like this or this). They are so different from sunsets, sunrises and blue hour shots everyone is used to nowadays. When I shoot them I try to find a very dark place but with some strong light in the background. It creates strong and often surreal effect. Also by using long exposure I bring a lot of details to these very dark scenes. For instance I shot above photo from a place where I could hardly see anything (even my camera) close to me - it was so dark. But by using long exposure and high ISO I "restored" a lot of the scene.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III
Lens: Canon 24 f/1.4 L IS USM II
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure time: 10 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 800
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 4.2.7, Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.