Powered by Blogger.

The best light I've ever seen

Sunday, April 7, 2013


Debod Temple in Madrid. I researched that site one morning during my stay and since then knew that it's a perfect location to shoot sunsets. However, as it was raining most of the time I started to loose hope there will be any good sunset.

But I was lucky to capture above image. I think this is the most amazing light I've ever seen. When I was leaving a hotel room it was raining and it didn't seem there will really be sunset (so I had plan B to shoot some architecture). However, when I got to the location I saw some amazing clouds (still no sun though). So I started to shoot them. In the middle of one my long exposures sun finally apperead. Unfortunately I was shooting in the opposite direction. So I had to pack my tripod, run about 100 m, set everything up again and hope it will last long enough to take at least one photo. My girfriend later told me it had looked quite funny to see me running with all the equipment throught the puddles :) But I made it. I took this very picture and even a few more. It all lasted exactly 6 minutes and 35 seconds (including my run). Never before did I work so quickly on the photo site :)

Believe me or not but the ediding here is very small. I set color balance, blended the images and added some contrast.


EXIF data:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 28 mm
Aperture: f/18.0
Exposure time: 2.5 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 7
E.V. Step: 1
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: ND8 neutral density filter
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Lightroom 4.2, Photoshop CS6

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.