Powered by Blogger.

Soft evening light

Tuesday, April 23, 2013


I took this image sort of by accident (or with a lot of luck hard to tell!) because it was the last image I managed to capture during that particular golden hour. During the last exposure (5th one - +2EV) of my bracketed sequence there was no more warm light on the buildings. This very beautiful light was gone. It was all grey and boring.

Even though I captured as many as 5 exposures I eventually decided to use only 2 of them: 0EV and +1EV and manually blended them in Photoshop. I loved the look of 0EV and I only masked in some very deep shadows (like trees for instance) from the +1EV photo.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 35 mm
Aperture: f/18.0
Exposure time: 0.6 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 2
E.V. Step: 1
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: ND8 neutral density filter
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Lightroom 4.2, Photoshop CS6

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.