Powered by Blogger.

Neo-Romanesque crypt in Madrid

Saturday, April 6, 2013


HDR really shines when used for church photos. Lighting conditions inside them are one of the most extreme that can be found resulting in extreme dynamic range. It's usually dark (or very dark) but at the same time there are some very bright spots like lamps, candles or windows. Besides, old churches have some amazing textures and detail which after enhancing by tone mapper look much better.

However, I'm not a really big fan of shooting churches. I don't know why frankly speaking. I just prefer landscapes to them. But when I was in Madrid I couldn't resist taking some photos in Neo-romanesque crypt near (or rather below) the cathedral because the light there as well as textures were pretty amazing. After seeing that, cathedral didn't look that beautiful to me so I just shot a few photos there.

Above photo was fused using Exposure Fusion processing method in Photomatix Pro. Then I tuned it using luminosity masks to get the final look. The last step was converting the image to sepia and blending it with the original one to get the tonality I wanted.

EXIF data:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure time: 1/100 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 7
E.V. Step: 1
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 4.2.6 (Exposure Fusion), Lightroom 4.2, Photoshop CS6

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.