Powered by Blogger.

Inspiring Photographers: Michael Woloszynowicz

Monday, April 29, 2013


The easiest and most effective way to learn photography is to learn from the best photographers. They inspire and affect our own work. By looking at their photos you can learn more than from a few tutorials or books. I would therefore like to introduce you to the new series of posts in which I will share details and photos from photographers who inspire me in my photography adventures. Hopefully they will inspire you as well.

I would like to start this series with great Michael Woloszynowicz, award winning Toronto based photographer. Michael is very hard to classify because no matter what subject he photographs the output is truly outstanding. Landscape, architecture or portrait - all of his photos are amazingly beautiful. I bet that if he captured macro photos they would be superb as well.

Now a few words about Michael.

Bio: Michael has a background in computer science and an MBA in corporate finance. Despite his affinity for math and science, Michael was drawn to the creativity and expression found in photographing people, buildings and cities. He photographs primarily for commercial clients, modeling agencies and personal assignments. When he’s not taking pictures or editing them he can be found sampling food and wine with his fiancĂ©e Melanie or relaxing with a book.
Favorite subjects: Architecture and cities, portraits, landscapes
Photo gear: Nikon D800 with Nikkor zoom lenses including the 14-24mm f/2.8, 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 and 85mm f/1.4 and 50mm f/1.4 primes. On the post processing side, he uses a MacBook Pro with Retina display, Adobe Lightroom 4, Photoshop CS6 and Nik Color Efex Pro 4.
Photography style: "My photography is far from photojournalistic as I strive to present my subjects as the best version of themselves through a mix of in camera technique, multiple exposure blending, lighting and post processing. My style is to produce images with a modern commercial feel that incorporate a good deal of contrast and depth. With architecture my goal is to make the images feel three dimensional and draw the viewer into the scene through lead-in and anchoring elements. With portraiture I shoot both natural light and strobe but often aim for a mix of both. The final image tends to have a blended commercial and fashion feel with a good deal of split tone adjustment and dodging and burning."
Follow Michael: website, Facebook

Below you will find a small selection of Michael Woloszynowicz's works (after viewing them make sure to follow Michael's blog and his FB profile :) ). BTW the last photo in this collection is one of my favorite photos I've seen in the last few months. It's incredible and the one I would definitely love to capture one day.

Enjoy!





Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.