Powered by Blogger.

Mountains and 2 years with Photomatix

Saturday, December 22, 2012


I remember taking my first quite nice HDR images about 2.5 years ago. I started using Photomatix by that time (I used trial earlier for some time earlier but I didn't understand HDR by the time so the results were rather poor). Later that very year (2010) I checked HDRsoft web page to see if there were any updates. There weren't updates to the software but I found out HDRsoft was recruiting. As a programmer with a few years of experience by that time, although mainly in the gaming and similar industries, I gave it a shot and... ever since I am a member of Photomatix team :) believe me or not - it's a great experience. Working on an application you use on a daily basis and many (and I mean MANY) of your friends do use it as well is huge. It keeps one motivated and satisfied. I might take poor photos (but I hope it's not that bad) but as long as people are happy with Photomatix, so am I :)

Now a few words on a photo from this post. I took it during golden hour and it shows Lanzarote island. I didn't hope for anything nice when taking it as not only I was shooting it hand-helding my camera but also I was shooting it from a quickly moving ship (not to mention small jumps on the waves). I expected blurry, completely misaligned results together with horizon being completely off but luckily it wasn't that bad :) maybe I have image stabilization built-in my arms and hands :) ?

Also make sure to give my free eBook a try. You will find more than 20 pages full of photos in it.

EXIF data:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 75 mm
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure time: unknown (got deleted - sorry :) )
ISO: 640
Number of exposures: 3
E.V. Step: 2 E.V.
Flash used: no
Tripod used: no
Filters used: no
Software: Photomatix Pro 4.2.5, Magic Lantern, Lightroom 4.1, Photoshop CS5

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.