Powered by Blogger.

Christmas atmosphere in the Old Town

Thursday, December 13, 2012


The Old Town (and its surroundings) of Warsaw looks really beautiful right now! So many colours, nice decorations are all over the place. And there is some nice market on the Old Town square (I'll post some photos of it soon). Also the pavements are wet so they reflect all those lights, colurful buildings and Xmas trees. It makes your eyes really really busy - you don't know what to focus on. I was like a kid running from a place to a place with my tripod and 5D mounted on it (and even no one complained about that... and believe me - it was very very crowded). Several shots here, several shots there. I didn't want to miss a single piece of this fantastic atmosphere. I uploaded several photos to my Facebook profile already and got some very positive feedback. Here is one more photo.

Despite taking some really nice to amazing shots I still feel hunger for more and I will definitely visit the place a few more times in the next few weeks.

From technical point of view taking shots there right now is pretty challenging because there are so many people so you have to be really patient. However, due to long exposure + deghosting in Photomatix I was able to "erase" most of them.

EXIF data:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/9.0
Exposure time: 1.0 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 200
Number of exposures: 7
E.V. Step: 1 E.V.
Flash used: no
Tripod used: yes
Filters used: no
Software: Magic Lantern, Photomatix Pro 4.2.4, Lightroom 4.1, Photoshop CS5

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.