Powered by Blogger.

Stars over Giewont

Sunday, October 27, 2013


Recently I don't have luck considering shooting stars. I either have bad weather (clouds, rain, fog) or full moon or both at the same time. However, despite these very difficult conditions I managed to capture above night photo showing Giewont (which is one of the most popular massifs in Polish Tatra mountains) and starry sky just above it.

I'm really happy with the atmosphere of this shot. The fog made it a bit mysterious and the light coming from the street lamp that was just behind me, made this shot a bit surreal. Also to create such mood I used rather warm white balance (if I recall correctly I had it set at about 4500 K).

If you want to learn how to capture starry skies yourself make sure to read my tutorial.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III
Lens: Canon 24 f/1.4 L USM II
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/3.2
Exposure time: 13 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 640
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Technique: luminosity masking
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.