Powered by Blogger.

Fire mountains

Sunday, March 3, 2013


Two days ago I mentioned that photography is all about light. Here is another example. I love this warm light on the peaks against dark blue (or grey - I'm not that good at naming colours :) ) in the lower parts of the mountains.

In this case I used a focal length of 300 mm because I wanted to focus on the peaks. It was quite late so there was little to no light in the valley. If I used a wide angle lens I would therefore end up with a heavily underexposed photo.

EXIF data:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 70-300 f/4.0-5.6 L IS USM
Focal length: 300 mm
Aperture: f/9.0
Exposure time: 1/500
ISO: 500
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod used: no
Filters used: no
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Lightroom 4.2, Photoshop CS6

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.