Powered by Blogger.

Stars above the hotel

Wednesday, May 29, 2013


It'll never cease to amaze me how starry the sky is over Fuerteventura island. Even lights cannot make the stars disappear.

For this photo I stood very close to the sea hoping no wave would come and grab my tripod. And believe me I was nervous because I had to stand a few meters away from it as the ground was very wet and soft. Even changing location of feet while standing quite close to a tripod resulted in a completely blurry shot because it caused tripod to move.

In this case I used 5 exposures and manually blended them. This way I have both the stars in the sky, properly exposed hotel as well as nice reflections.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24 f/1.4 L USM II
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/1.4
Exposure time: 2.5 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 800
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Lightroom 4.2, Photoshop CS6

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.