Powered by Blogger.

Morskie Oko lake in Winter

Tuesday, May 28, 2013


Morskie Oko (Eye of the Sea lake) is the largest and fourth deepest lake in Tatra Mountains. When I was going to the mountains at the beginning of February I hoped to get some cool shots with warm winter sun light reflecting in the ice. However, after getting to Zakopane I realized that I will have to change my plans as there was thick layer of snow everywhere. Something between 0.8 and 1 meter of fresh fluffy snow. It became obvious that there will be even more snow on the Morskie Oko surface as it is in the small valley. So instead of capturing my dream shot I took a panoramic photo you can see above. I quite like it because mountains look really monumental. You can also see people wondering on the lake's surface - it gives nice sense of scale.

However, it's far from what I had in mind. Hopefully I will manage to capture MY PHOTO next year. I also plan to visit Tatra mountains one more time this year and I hope to get nice reflections but this time in the turquoise water of the lake.

BTW it's a manual blend of 3 exposures.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/9.0
Exposure time: 1/500 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 800
Number of exposures: 3
E.V. Step: 2
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: no
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Lightroom 4.2, Photoshop CS6

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Photoshop and Photography All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.